Getting the Best Scans with the Canon CanoScan 9000F Slide Scanner
The Canon CanoScan 9000F Color Image Scanner embodies what speed and versatility is all about in a scanner. Not only it is capable of scanning conventional medium from photos to documents, it also scans 35mm films and slides—both positive and negative.
With the 48-bit input/output and a maximum resolution of 9600 x 9600 (optical) dpi1, which will make your old slides look better like new.
The Canon CanoScan 9000F has seven EZ buttons which can be automated for common tasks, and with Auto Scan Mode you can integrate multiple operations such as scanning, cropping, setting optimization, color correction, saving in the correct file format (PDF, Pictures, etc).
It can even sending files to your email software with just a push of a single button.
The Auto Document Fix creates vivid and sharp text characters and photos maintain their sharp contrast and tone, while the Gutter Shadow Correction removes shadows normally seen when scanning books.
Fare Level 3 retouching technology is built in automatically corrects photos and film and eliminates scratches and dust while restoring its original color.
White LED not only gives lower power consumption, which also gives zero warm up time between scans. The Canon CanoScan slide scanner comes with loading trays for different film and photographic medium, making scanning on the already super fast CanoScan 9000F a really quick issue.
Let’s Look at Features of the Canon CanoScan 9000F Slide Scanner
- Fare Level 3 delivers automatic dust and scratch removal as well as fading, grain and backlight correction
- Auto Scan Mode automatically adjusts settings by detecting what you are scanning
- Zero warm-up time and lower power consumption with White LED
- Lower Power Consumption with White LED
- 48-bit input/output
- 9600 dpi
- CanoScan 9000F Dimensions: 18.9 x 4.4 x 10.7 inches
- Weight: 10.1 pounds
What Customers Said about the Canon CanoScan 9000F Color Image Scanner
A lot of people have bought the Canon CanoScan Scanner. Read on to find out what they are saying.
- The scanner is very fast at what it does. You’ll be able to see previews a whole lot faster on your computer screen.
- LED light needs no warm up time so that means that you can start scanning photographs and documents right away.
- Not as noisy as other scanners in its price bracket.
- Software was easy to install
- Image quality was sound, though not excellent like some more professional scanners.
- Easy to use.
- Image quality is good but not great (to make it faster, they must have sacrificed image quality).
- USB is too short to be of much use.
- For some, software installation and usage is easy, but for others, upgrades are needed.
If you’re looking for a professional scanner, than the Canon photo scanner probably isn’t for you. But if you are looking for a fast, efficient and good scanner, then this one is probably what you want.
Canon CanoScan 9000F Slide Scanner Reviews
If there’s one thing that most users agree on, it’s the speed of the CanoScan 9000F when it comes to scanning large quantities of medium. One user commented that he had scanned more pictures in a few days than he did in two years with a previous, high end scanner.
It had absolutely no warm up issues, and can scan all medium (even from black and white negatives from the 1930’s) as well as film slides of virtually every size. Ease of use is another common praise, as people have been known to press just a few buttons, do something else very quickly, and before they know it the whole scanning tray is done.
The resolution levels are sufficient enough to warrant positive reviews, but not overly extraordinary. The Fare Level 3 tech does its job quite adequately, nothing more.
Some users reported to have issues with the user interface—not because it doesn’t work, but because it seems clunky and lags behind other photo editing software. Scanning film and slides will not be a quick affair as with scanning pictures and documents, but that is to be expected of all scanners in the market anyway.
The scanner has incredible resolution features which is only limited by the user’s computer’s memory, so it really pays to have at least 4gb of RAM to maximize the speed and features of the CanoScan 9000F slide scanner.
The Canon slide scanner is rated across the board as one of the fastest scanners for its affordable price range, and the scan quality will not disappoint. If you have batches of photos, slides and films that needs to be scanned pronto and with care, the Canon 9000F is definitely the scanner to get.